Thursday, May 21, 2009
This Blog Has Moved --
May I: Who Uploaded?
As for the ballot issues put up, the injuries will be kept as Average, the salary cap will be kept at $10 million and the DH will be put in place throughout the minors next season.
As for the schedule, it is an issue... I noticed that the schedule for Brooklyn is similarly out of balance (Saksatoon comes to Brooklyn for 28 games while I visit the Great Northern Wasteland for only four). I've checked the OOTP forums and no one seems to have posted about this.
I'll probably create a custom schedule for next season and use that.
Lastly, I'm currently uploading updates to the league site, but they'll probably continue uploading through the night.
Next sim: Wednesday night.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Los Angeles/Hickory trade
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
April II: Who uploaded?
Next sim, next Wednesday.
I will put up a post about the issues raised last week in the next day or so.
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
April I: Who uploaded?
Next sim, next Wednesday.
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Here are the issues that were laid by Matt and that we should vote on:
1. Injuries - what should we set them to...The options are Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High...I am assuming that they are on Average now, but Zev or Michael will have to confirm that.
2. Should we change the financial cap in this league from $10M...and if so what should the max be?
3. DH through out the minors or keep it as it is?
So that seems to be the issues right now. I say we vote in the comments of this post, but if you want to keep your vote private, you can e-mail Zev and Michael directly.
If there is anything else that is not on this blog bring it up and we can add it to the vote.
Opening Day Is Here (And A Response To Matt)
Please make sure to have your rosters down to 25 players by Wednesday night (the first sim of the season).
As for Matt's previous post... he raises some valid questions, and perhaps there should be some more discussion on these matters. The fact is that my policy, in running this league, is that it is just as much your league as it is mine. While I do sometimes make "executive decisions" on matters, for the most part, I try to allow you guys to run the league. Anyone is free at any time to ask for a vote on a matter and, if the majority want it, it's law. I also generally try to refrain from influencing votes on said matters (except where I introduce the question) by keeping my opinion silent until a vote is required.
So, if you want a DH in the minor leagues, or to change the injury settings or the cash cap or any other setting, feel free to bring it up, discuss and ask for a vote. I won't be offended. :) It's not so much if there is support at the commissioner level... it's is there support at the owner level.
As for the Rule V draft, I'm afraid it's toast for this season. However, it is in place for next season. My apologies on the screw up.
Friday, May 01, 2009
Unresolved League Issues
1. Cash cap/financial issues - I started a post some time ago that generated a lot of discussion on this issue, but nothing ever came of it. Is there any interest at the commissioner level in making some changes to the financial settings of the league, and if so, to what extent?
2. Rule 5 draft - I am guessing it can't happen this year (which is somewhat disapppointing to me because Maui can use ANY talent at this point), but has the setting been changed so that it will occur next year?
3. Minor league DH - I recall there was a discussion at one point about adding a DH position to the minor league lineups, to create opportunities for other players to get playing time. I don't think this was ever changed.
4. Injury settings - Nate has asked the question of what setting is currently in place, which has never been answered to my knowledge. Assuming that it is set to "normal" or something similar, we know Mack's and Jeremy's generally differing positions on that. Is there any interest at the commissioner level in changing these, or is it a moot discussion?
That's everything I can think of right now. I'd encourage other owners to add to the list as needed.